Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

As we all know how Windows Updates are being forced on Win 10 Home users. When you do a clean install, as soon as you boot to the desktop, the updates start installing, which is extremely annoying because I need to install my Intel chipset drivers first prior to installing other drivers. And this nonsense approach which Microsoft has taken towards Home users doesn't let me do it. If I disconnect from the net to install my chipset drivers first, the windows update process gets crippled. Some updates will succeed (later on), some will fail, and some will succeed, but will show up as failed in the history. The whole update history looks rubbish in the end.

This is just so annoying. I wonder if there's any workaround to this nonsense!

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At first I was sceptical about this approach by Microsoft, but it's not as bad as it may seem. You have 2 options for Windows Update in Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.

Please read the mention about metered connections, it may be helpful.

upload_2015-8-7_16-19-24.png

upload_2015-8-7_16-19-50.png

Image: Windows 10 Home

Reactions: frogboy and Oxygen

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
There is no need to first install Intel chipset drivers before windows updates. I do the opposite way that is install all the windows updates first then install drivers one by one starting with Intel chipset driver.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
There is no need to first install Intel chipset drivers before windows updates. I do the opposite way that is install all the windows updates first then install drivers one by one starting with Intel chipset driver.

In my case, it's totally different as my video driver is provided by Microsoft through windows updates. The video driver must not be installed before the chipset drivers.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Use the tool from Microsoft to hide those updates as much as possible even there's no issue occur, just make sure don't click install for such driver in order to avoid it.

D

Deleted member 178

normally 3rd party hardware drivers from WU are the those supposed to be compatible with Win10, just let WU install them then update after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.