App Review F-Secure Internet Security 2013 Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
F-Secure did good at first with the link portion of the test. They have a good web filter. But when it comes to a pack of malware then it fails. If a Anti-Virus lets a ransomware through then I would call it an instant fail.

Good review. By the way you missed the second link in the test.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
F-Secure did good at first with the link portion of the test. They have a good web filter. But when it comes to a pack of malware then it fails. If a Anti-Virus lets a ransomware through then I would call it an instant fail.

I agree that I probably was not harsh enough:D. Going back to the links, I can not belive I missed one of the links thanks for pointing it out because I would have never noticed, good thing I choose twelve links over the traditional ten. :D

EDIT: @InternetChicken: I can not believe we posted at the same time.:) Yeah I definitely agree there are many free products that I would choose over F-Secure right now, but I am still keeping optimistic that maybe one day they will improve and I will be there to do a test when it does. :D

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Malware Maniac said:

you r right F secure r fail at some points as many reviews shows that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.