App Review F-Secure Internet Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
F-Secure? ....How is this possible? THAT'S WHY we don't need to believe ''independent tests'' from AVComparatives , AVTest and more
I just got the second shock (first was Baidu)
u should trust more the independent test labs instead of this "fail" youtube reviews. this test shows nothing in real world.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
u should trust more the independent test labs instead of this "fail" youtube reviews. this test shows nothing in real world.

No i don't think so, Especially when i see Panda Cloud Free scores No1 with 100% detection in AV Comparatives, and Bitdefender with Kaspersky ALWAYS No1 (100% detection) in AVTests, definitely something ''smells bad'' in these ''independent'' tests.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
No i don't think so, Especially when i see Panda Cloud Free scores No1 with 100% detection in AV Comparatives, and Bitdefender with Kaspersky ALWAYS No1 (100% detection) in AVTests, definitely something ''smells bad'' in these ''independent'' tests.
Yep, I can't get how Ad-Aware and Emsisoft score lower than BitDefender when they use the same engine. The truth is, AV testers sometimes accept payments in exchange for a slight change in the score.

On the other hand, @Striker is right about something: AV Tests are performed on polished machines with triple checks to seek any conflicts, because they have a profit of, what, $2000 a week? While MT testers are stuck with old and virtual machines because the profit can't cut it for them.

So unfortunately AV Testers are greedy, if they weren't so, then these hard workers wouldn't have to sacrifice their time to help make the real decision. So there's a problem here, either go with the professional testers who collect money, or the innocent people with not as smooth testing. If only the Av testers could...

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Come over to our own Malware Hub and see for yourself - hundreds of test we do, and they don't square with those fake lab test results. Reason is we don't let the AV companies review and revise our results, and we don't take money to do them. either.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
YouTube testing is good and bad. So many amateurs making videos when they don't even know how to use the product or all its features. Then throwing 20 pieces of malware at it within 60 seconds. 99% of average users will come across malware about 2x/year if that. These videos are made with background music rather then narrated. I mute everyone. The videos are haphazardly made. Copy paste, copy paste without even allowing the security being test to react. That is not real life. Also the use of a VM is not real life. Certain products behave differently such as Norton. Amateur YouTube testers think WSA is bad but they do not even have a clue to look under monitored processes. The average person would believe AVC or AVTest.org over some YouTube video with music blaring.

Reactions: Striker

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013

you sure about that, the only difference between Manzai and the Independents is that they have lobbyist, cash flow can make or break a result. just saying.

Level 1
Verified
Jul 8, 2014
Thank you tagged me:)
seems a lot of discussion about independent test,but it is no matter to me.;)

By the way, F-Secure isn't heavy, if you had used Kaspersky.:D

Reactions: Manzai

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Wrong !

Lab => Malware pack, analysis and no execution
YouTube test => Malware Pack, analysis and execution + ZeroDay

great test => True computer, updated OS (and 1 test on x86 and other on x64 or only x64) with "tipycal software" (Microsoft office, java, flash, ff and chrome, etc), Malware Pack, analysis and execution + ZeroDay + Forensic analysis on run and after run malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.