Battle F secure vs G data . . . antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

be more specific please, win about what?

- detection?
- prevention?
- resources usage?
- features?

Gdata uses 2 powerful AV engines (Avast + Bit Defender) so in detection it own F-secure but it pay the price by a larger signature updates and heaviness.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Littlebits said:
Neither they are both too bloated. Protection is not everything when a software makes your system run slow and unstable.

Thanks.:D

Well it depends on the system you have, If you have a computer with a good CPU and a good amount of RAM and depending on your computer habits, It really doesn't matter. Just as long as it does not effect your browsing speed *Cough* Avast and Bitdefender *Cough*

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
GData has better protection and F-Secure has better performance.
went with gdata in poll but i wouldn't recommend any of them!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Gdata uses 2 powerful AV engines (Avast + Bit Defender) so in detection it own F-secure but it pay the price by a larger signature updates and heaviness.

I'd have to agree, in protection G-Data is much better, for the reason of the 2 AV databases, but that will take longer to download.

Plus there is no actual trial for G-Data, well as far as I know. Have not been able to find where the trial is.

P

Plexx

Both solutions signatures (detection) are ok. G-Data has 2 Engines as users above have mentioned, so:

Detection: G-Data>F-Secure

However in terms of protection, both solutions are questionable.

Performance, if strictly comparing both solutions, then F-Secure>G-Data but as LittleBits said, they do tend to make majority of systems notice the impact on boot/shutdown times as well as CPU/RAM/I/O whilst scan is being done. I wouldn't say they are Bloated but sure could do some rework on some areas.

GUI based, in my opinion, the User Friendliness in terms of GUI and Settings: F-Secure>G-Data

Scan Speed: F-Secure>G-Data

Removal of known infections: F-Secure>G-Data

That should sum up in a nutshell.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I would go with F-Secure in a heartbeat. I have seen both of them tested, and while G Data is more than adequate, F-Secure seems to be something really, really special. Especially when considering it is not popular among MT members, or at least I don't know anyone here that utilizes it.

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
I've never used G-Data, but I tried the trial of F-Secure on Windows 8, and it was very light. Most of the AV comparison companies give F-secure good ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.