Facebook will now officially track and serve you ads even if you don't have an account

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
mz-newsroom-01_story.jpg

It’s no secret that Facebook’s revenue model relies on serving ads to its users, and selling their data back to advertisers. It’s also no secret that Facebook tracks its users through cookies and social plugins across sites. But what may be surprising is that starting today, Facebook will also track those without an account on the social network.

The company announced early on Friday that it would begin tracking and serving ads to website visitors regardless of whether they have a Facebook account or are logged into the network. The company believe this will help both users and advertisers, by offering up better and more relevant ads.

Read the full article on NeoWin.Net
PS: thumbs up for privacy :mad:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Yes , just a bit more nuisance from the internet in general , and FB in particular .

But it will be very simple to block it specifically .
I reckon most people on here are using some sort of Blocker with their browser .
My own favorite is uBlock Origin .
Maybe not be the best choice for first-time users but it sure is great for fine-tuning :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Are they trying to compete up with Google ;) (just kidding),, anyway not a surprise; which why Facebook revenues boost like a bullet.

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
FBpurity + ghostery can make facebook clean 100 % of adds and anoying features u dont want ^_^ so i dont have to care .. anyway facebook is bored site

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
For me ads aren't that big of a problem. I understand that some ads can be annoying and I might sound arrogant but until I get hit with an exploit involving malvertising or an infection no adblocker for me. :p

Reactions: frogboy and DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.