Fake Fortnite Mobile iOS Invites Being Pushed On Social Sites

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Whenever something newsworthy comes out there will always be people who try to take advantage of it. A perfect example of this is the Fortnite iOS mobile invite that launched today, where people are impatiently waiting for the invite codes to be released, while others try to trick them into purchasing fake ones.

When the Fortnite mobile iOS signups launched this morning, I quickly saw an uptick in Twitter & Facebook posts where people were claiming to have already received invites and would give or sell them for a follow, retweet, paypal payments, or PSN and Amazon gift certificates. Some people were going as far as saying that they had 50 extra invites for sale.

I had already reached out to Epic games for comment and not heard back, but it wasn't until my kids came home from school and told me you could buy invites online that I knew this was a problem. While, I quickly assured them that this was not the case, I decided to dig around for confirmation that invites were not being sent today.

I joined Fortnite's official Discord server and was told by numerous people that invites were not being sent out today, but did not hear back from an official source.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.