Feedback needed

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
I'm in need of some feedback for the configuration I'm planning on for my new PC (custom built), all of this hardware falls within my budget and I probably won't have the money for much better then this, but still some feedback would be nice. I'm planning to use this PC for more casual then intensive gaming, like Minecraft, Nexuiz, LA Noire, GTA IV maybe etc. As well as for other tasks, like screen recording and video editing. Also, if your going to recommend certain hardware, pointing me to online stores like TigerDirect won't help since I live in Serbia, but just telling me about the hardware will do. Anyway, here it is:

Motherboard: GeF7025 Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2
Processor: CPU AM3 AMD Athlon™ II X2 Dual-Core 255
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GT210 MSI
RAM: DIMM DDR3 4GB 1333MHz
HDD: SATA2 5400 500GB WD Caviar Green 5000AADS
PSU: 500W

I'm getting all of this from this shop, you probably won't be able to understand what it says, but there you go anyway :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice, nothing I could say, probably others may give you a feedback.

Yes it can be use for high graphics game since its really a gaming PC.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Nice, nothing I could say, probably others may give you a feedback.

Yes it can be use for high graphics game since its really a gaming PC.

That's good to know, I'm kind of worried about the PSU, 500W would be enough, right?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
You can always go higher with your graphics card, I don't remember being impressed by the GeForce GT 210/220 reviews.
There are PSU Calculators available (link) but 500W should be OK.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
This is no way a gaming Pc with a Piddly-Ass Gt 210. You will struggle to play any mordern games on that. You want something like a gts450 and above for casual gaming. Also if you wan't to do video editing and quad would be much more beneficial.

EDIT: On PSU's it's the efficiency not the wattage that is the most important thing (500W is overkill IMO for this rig). Don't skimp on a cheap PSU it might say it supplys 500W and be really cheap but under load it will be so inefficient it will be supplying no where near that and hugely increases the chance of it frying the rest of your components. For PSU's go for a good branded one like Corsair, Seasonic, Antec Etc. It will save you money in the long run.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
MetalShaun said:
This is no way a gaming Pc with a Piddly-Ass Gt 210. You will struggle to play any mordern games on that. You want something like a gts450 and above for casual gaming. Also if you wan't to do video editing and quad would be much more beneficial.

EDIT: On PSU's it's the efficiency not the wattage that is the most important thing (500W is overkill IMO for this rig). Don't skimp on a cheap PSU it might say it supplys 500W and be really cheap but under load it will be so inefficient it will be supplying no where near that and hugely increases the chance of it frying the rest of your components. For PSU's go for a good branded one like Corsair, Seasonic, Antec Etc. It will save you money in the long run.

The other PC at my home has much older components then the ones I'm planning to get, yet it's still able to run most games I through at it. As for the quad-core, I don't have enough money for the time being to get something like a Phenom II quad-core processor, this one doesn't seem so bad at all. Thanks for the tips about the PSU, I'll think about it.

V

Vextor

Good specs, but could you give us the memory of the graphics card.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
I'm considering to buy an ATI Radeon 5450 PowerColor, 1GB of memory. Anyone know how good this card is?

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
endejan said:
I'm considering to buy an ATI Radeon 5450 PowerColor, 1GB of memory. Anyone know how good this card is?
I don't know your budget, but for games like LA noire and GTA you will have to go higher then that. I hear good things about the Radeon 6770 and 5770.
Also your harddrive only has 5400 rpm, so it will become a bottleneck. I would recommend upgrading to a 7200rpm.

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
I found a great deal on a pre-built PC, I changed my mind about working on a custom build, since really, this is saving me money and I'm actually getting a nice PC. Here's the configuration, tell me what you guys think, again, this is going to be mostly used for casual gaming.

Processor: Intel Celeron E3400 Dual-Core
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT520
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD storage: 1000GB

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
In my country (Serbian), it costs 21,000 RSD which is 210 euros.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
ATI is a better choice; cheaper. If you get a ATI I suggest you try to get GDDR5 and 128bit. the cpu you want to buy is good for the moment; you have the time to buy phenom when you have money. you will order everything from that shop that you posted in your first post if so I will look (I am only interested of the specs).

Dejan

Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Well, it'll have to do for the time being, since this is a pre-built PC. I'll consider upgrading to a better processor and graphics chip later when I have the money.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
endejan said:
Well, it'll have to do for the time being, since this is a pre-built PC. I'll consider upgrading to a better processor and graphics chip later when I have the money.

Sounds good :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.