File sharing on a mac-Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortive

Thread author
Jun 14, 2012
I'm currently helping a friend out with his mac. He plans on selling it. There are a couple programs he'd like to keep on there for the person who is buying, such as Adobe photoshop and microsoft office. So what i decided to do was create a new user account and i'd like to delete his old profile, so all his data is deleted. I'm just wondering if that will effect these programs in any way.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Best thing is to format the drive, you should be able to find the serial keys for the programs you want to keep, just reinstall after format.
You can use this tool to find the serial #'s
http://www.magicaljellybean.com/mac-keyfinder/

Mortive said:
I'm currently helping a friend out with his mac. He plans on selling it. There are a couple programs he'd like to keep on there for the person who is buying, such as Adobe photoshop and microsoft office. So what i decided to do was create a new user account and i'd like to delete his old profile, so all his data is deleted. I'm just wondering if that will effect these programs in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.