Fingbox vs Firewalla

Agerwaze

Thread author
Mar 12, 2019
I've been looking for a simple network analysis tool that can work of android. Been looking at these two options:

Firewalla - The tiny Firewalla gives you total insight into what's on your network, along with a raft of related features, including insight into what computers and mobile devices are doing, simple parental control, and even your own VPN server.

Fingbox - Fingbox is the plug & play device that helps you secure and troubleshoot your home network from anywhere. Controlled entirely from within the Fing app, Fingbox helps you to, protect your home network against threats, limit internet access, block devices, track who is online, detect intruders and malicious devices, improve network performance and so much more.

Are these devices worth it? And what does the community think is the better option between the two?

Andrew Williams

Sep 5, 2017
I can't say anything for Fingbox, but I have been pleasantly surprised with the Firewalla. It is kind of difficult to understand if a lot of the alerts are actually malicious or if they are normal activity, but that said, it does give some insight for not a lot of money. Be careful though, Firewalla limits the bandwidth of your network, so if you need a lot of speed, I would go with the Blue not the Red.

Reactions: AriDfoix

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.