Fingbox

Threadripper

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
I've been looking into network security recently, I wanted to setup a Pi-Hole but my ISP modem/router combo doesn't even let you change the DNS (intentionally, the previous version did) and another router, like the Gryphon, is simply too much; especially with its subscription. The Fingbox is priced at 99 in basically every currency, is it worth buying? Apparently it doesn't need any router settings to be changed because it uses ARP spoofing so it's just plug and play.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Watched a random review and it seems to do what many new routers already does or have built-in. I mean check and block devices, check Wifi speed, schedule etc. If you have 99 bucks just laying around and nothing better to spend it on, sure why not. Would love to hear how it worked.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Watched a random review and it seems to do what many new routers already does or have built-in. I mean check and block devices, check Wifi speed, schedule etc. If you have 99 bucks just laying around and nothing better to spend it on, sure why not. Would love to hear how it worked.

Seems, as you said, to be a box for people who don’t upgrade their router very often. Not a lot of features to add to a modern router.

Threadripper

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
It claims to detect ARP spoofing (ironic, because ARP poisoning is how it blocks internet on devices), evil twin and other "intrusions" as well as vulnerability scanning but I don't know how effective it will be.

Last edited:

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Has anyone tried this?

Given it does arp poisoning to block devices, does it play nice with Gruphon or AiProtection Asus routers, which may auto-block a device which does arp poisoning ?

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.