Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

Mozilla released Firefox version 10.0.1!

Download here: http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/11616/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Firefox 8 Beta 5

Thanks for this. Will wait till the stable release comes out.

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for the update. I installed it a few a days ago directly from Mozilla's site and it's definitely the best version of Firefox that I've ever had since I first started using it years ago. The crash problem is finally fixed and it's surprisingly faster than it's even been on my laptop. :D

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I use Firefox Nightly UX, Firefox 10.0.1 and I do not see any difference between these two browsers.

Both these browsers work well on my computer.

The only difference between them is that Firefox Nightly UX is 64- and Firefox is 32-bit.

And in Firefox Nightly UX you can import Favorites from Google Chrome. This useful function is also in Firefox Beta.

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
jota13 said:
I use Firefox Nightly UX, Firefox 10.0.1 and I do not see any difference between these two browsers.

Both these browsers work well on my computer.

The only difference between them is that Firefox Nightly UX is 64- and Firefox is 32-bit.

And in Firefox Nightly UX you can import Favorites from Google Chrome. This useful function is also in Firefox Beta.

Yeah I agree, and that's actually what I just switched to. After the Firefox 10.0.1 update, it went back to the same issues I had been having so I just had to finally uninstall it since I had had enough.Can't say I'm surprised though since Firefox 32-bit has always froze and crashed for me even at start up (before I installed add-ons or anything), it was just ridiculous. But everyone's operating system operates differently. Anyway, I tested all the other builds (Beta, Aurora, Nightly, Nightly UX, Waterfox, Comet Bird, and Pale Moon) to see which one was right for my laptop and it turned out to be UX surprisingly. It's blazing fast for me with a smooth performance and the best 64-bit browser that I've used (even with many add-ons) so far and rarely crashes. I also really like all the exclusive features and default homepage interface it has that the other builds don't. I'm definitely impressed with UX and I hope it lasts. It's just like they can be exceedingly fast one minute and then buggy and slow the next from my experience. I don't know if it's more to do with Windows 7 or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.