Firefox 8 Zoom +/- Control ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LochNess

Thread author
Apr 2, 2011
I find it rather annoying to re-zoom each time I open new webpage... I'm aware of the zoom control included with browser which can be dragged from customization area... I'm also aware of a mozilla addon which does the same but would rather not install... I try to avoid addons... just paranoid, I suppose...

Is there a command in "about:config" which provides a page zoom default setting? I did locate a line = "zoom.minPercent;100" which gives me the ability to increase page size with single "click" with zoom button...

haven't used FF for awhile, so I'm trying to get up to speed once more...

Thanks, in advance for your inputs/ideas....

P

Plexx

LochNess said:
I find it rather annoying to re-zoom each time I open new webpage... I'm aware of the zoom control included with browser which can be dragged from customization area... I'm also aware of a mozilla addon which does the same but would rather not install... I try to avoid addons... just paranoid, I suppose...

Is there a command in "about:config" which provides a page zoom default setting? I did locate a line = "zoom.minPercent;100" which gives me the ability to increase page size with single "click" with zoom button...

haven't used FF for awhile, so I'm trying to get up to speed once more...

Thanks, in advance for your inputs/ideas....

Heya LochNess,
Would this be what you are looking for?
Same Zoom Level For Every Site
Firefox remembers your zoom preference for each site and set it to your preferences whenever you load the page. If you want the zoom level to be consistent from site to site, you can toggle the value of browser.zoom.siteSpecific from True to False.
Config name: browser.zoom.siteSpecific
Default: True
Modified value: False (enable same zoom preferences for every sites)

Not sure if it works on FF8 though. I rarely use FF.

Hope it helps.

swftech

Jun 20, 2011
Also if it's just the font you want to be bigger you can go to firefox preferences and under the "content" tab choose your type and size of font.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
you can try simple way:
hold Ctrl + Use your scroll mouse (to zoom out and zoom in)

hope this help you. ^^

LochNess

Thread author
Apr 2, 2011
Thanks for excellents suggestions... I finally opted for change to 'about:config' settings... only 1 click necessary... I guess I'm getting too lazy... ;-)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yeah .. except that with my new IE8, I do not need to re-zoom .. Because IE8 has the memory of the last zoom position, even after the restart of Windows, forever. If you zoom in a tab, the same zoom position will be in all browser tabs after restart of PC .. It's really miraculous, this feature!;)

P

Plexx

Prorootect said:
Yeah .. except that with my new IE8, I do not need to re-zoom .. Because IE8 has the memory of the last zoom position, even after the restart of Windows, forever. If you zoom in a tab, the same zoom position will be in all browser tabs after restart of PC .. It's really miraculous, this feature!;)
OP is referring to Firefox 8, not Internet Explorer 8...

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
As far as I know there is no setting in about:config that can allow you to set a default zoom level (probably that's why there are so many add-ons adding this functionality) In Firefox the zoom level is kept on a site-specific basis or only affects the current tab if you change the Browser.zoom.siteSpecific setting to false. My opinion is that Firefox forte is the large number of extensions it has. I've used NoSquint add-on in the past to control zoom settings. Unfortunately some extensions can affect performance and RAM usage (hopefully Mozilla will come up with a way to control the quality of extensions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.