Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Firefox keeps crashing!
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reinstalling it!
Hello! I am running Firefox 64bit latest version on Windows 10 1803 and it crashes most of the time. The only extension I am running is Sticky Password. I also noticed that most of Firefox crashes happens when I am browsing in Private Mode (I guess due to incompatibility with tracking protection?). Anyone experiencing such crashes?

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
No problem here. It runs smoothly and I have the following extensions: ublock origin, Netcraft, Grammarly, Decentraleyes, Enhancer for youYube, Bitwarden, XDM and Google Translator.

Firefox didn't work properly while I had installed Bitdefender IS, but in any other configuration its working was optimal.

Edit:
I also noticed that "Mozilla Maintenance Service" isn't installed. Might this cause Firefox to crash?
No, is the part of the program that is in charge of checking for updates, should not break the good working

Upvote 0

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
No problem here. It runs smoothly and I have the following extensions: ublock origin, Netcraft, Grammarly, Decentraleyes, Enhancer for youYube, Bitwarden, XDM and Google Translator.

Firefox didn't work properly while I had installed Bitdefender IS, but in any other configuration its working was optimal.

Edit:
No, is the part of the program that is in charge of checking for updates, should not break the good working

Thanks for your reply! I have no extensions installed except for Sticky Password. I have Firefox crashing in two systems. One running Bullguard and the other running Norton. I have started to suspect Sticky Password is causing the issue. Anyway I have reported the issue to Mozilla hundred of times. Thank you again

Upvote 0

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Uninstall completely FF, but also delete manually the profiles in Mozilla\FireFox folders that usually are left in system folders \Users\<Your account>\AppData\ \ProgramData etc... run a registry cleaning and try to install again...
That's exactly what I did. I have created a system snapshot before installing Mozilla using Smarty Uninstaller and uninstalled Firefox using it. I started to believe it is Sticky causing the issue. I am trying Firefox with Sticky Password extension disabled and see what happens next. Thank you

Upvote 0

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Trying out Firefox v.62.2 on Windows 1803--it just updated on here. (ditched Quantum some months ago due to mysteriously high CPU). At first, it's crashing in Sandboxie, so I'm currently running it as-is (I had it set under Default Box but not all sites cooperated) until I figure out some sandbox configurations. Youtube was misbehaving severely (blurring and stuttering audio). After searching around online, I very reluctantly updated the GPU driver to one behind the latest. Good gawd, not merely "fast," but usually instant performance using hardware acceleration. Lovely! So far, OK with some reasonable browsing sessions but longterm, who knows..:emoji_fingers_crossed: Addons are uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger. (y)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.