Troubleshoot Firefox latest version need help...

surf_worm

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 19, 2018
Recently uninstalled Firefox with Revo Uninstaller and it removed everything...
Installed the latest version right now and it wouldn't even let me load Google.com with the error "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER".
Did a bit to find the solution and people believed that if i created a new user profile then it would work, but that didn't happen.
Finally somebody suggested that i change this value in FF "security.enterprise_roots.enabled" to "true" and it did work, FF started to load pages again.
Now can somebody please let me know as to what exactly this change does and is it safe to keep on using FF with this change enabled.

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: bjm_

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Recently uninstalled Firefox with Revo Uninstaller and it removed everything...
Installed the latest version right now and it wouldn't even let me load Google.com with the error "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER".
Did a bit to find the solution and people believed that if i created a new user profile then it would work, but that didn't happen.
Finally somebody suggested that i change this value in FF "security.enterprise_roots.enabled" to "true" and it did work, FF started to load pages again.
Now can somebody please let me know as to what exactly this change does and is it safe to keep on using FF with this change enabled.

Thanks in advance...

Your answer is probably here

SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER - 5 Ways to Fix This Error

Upvote 0

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Method 3 seems to be working...now my issue is that changing this value wont effect the security provided my FF in anyway...so i can use FF to do all of my banking related browsing without any worries???
A browser provides a limited protection on the net.

Your AV/AM's banking security feature (or some banking security software) should provide a secure connection for you to carry out banking activities

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuttz and surf_worm
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Mozilla just confirmed this is a known bug caused by AVG/Avast and has stopped the Firefox 65 rollout on Windows. As was already said, that is a Certificate Error.

Disable HTTPs Scanning on your AV to fix the error,
1549034916297.png

I also suggest resetting the flag security.enterprise_roots.enabled to it's default settings (false), as it protects you from third-party Certificates added without your consent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.