Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
Hey peeps,

This may of been asked before but I didn't find it.
I really like the feel and the way Firefox works but I've one major issue, it hangs after a few pages of scrolling for a few long seconds with "Firefox is not responding" at the top.
I've searched for solutions, hit Firefox forums and tried everything I found... with zero luck :(
It's not just Firefox but all Firefox based browsers i.e. Pale moon, Icedragon that have this issue, no chromium based browser have this issue but I just like the feel of Firefox :p

Just thought I'd ask just in case anyone has a miracle cure for my poorly Firefox :(:p

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I like Firefox as well. Excluding a nasty virus did you try resetting Firefox? I don't know how to do it but, the directions are online. Good Luck & let us know if you fixed it!

Reactions: Karl Hustler

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
in case you want to reset FF, type about:support in the in the address bar

2i8wutx.jpg

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
you haven't mentioned the addons/extentions you have with FF

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I like Firefox as well. Excluding a nasty virus did you try resetting Firefox? I don't know how to do it but, the directions are online. Good Luck & let us know if you fixed it!

Reset it, reinstalled it and an spent sometime getting rid of it's traces from the registry before reinstalling.
Looked for about:config options too with no luck.

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I've tried it with only Lastpass installed as it's the only way I'd be able to get into most sites :)
I'm not sure Lastpass could be causing it, but I could be wrong.
Will have to change a few passwords to something dumbed down and see it it is Lastpass :)

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I would remove Lastpass... a little birdie told me it is not good at protecting your passwords anyway.Or disable laspass first & see what happens.:eek::eek:

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I would remove Lastpass... a little birdie told me it is not good at protecting your passwords anyway.Or disable laspass first & see what happens.:eek::eek:

Really :eek:
Any recommendations for a cross browser password manager? As I have many passwords and not the memory to remember a fraction of them:p
That would mean painstakingly manually moving the passwords over LOL

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
Sadly Cyberfox is prone to this issue with no addons:(, love the browser otherwise :D
I am not dead against using a chromium based browser as they support the extensions I use with out the issue, would the standard Google Chrome be recommended? I've heard rumours of it being a bit lax on privacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.