Technology First impressions of Humane's Ai Pin: A very out-of-hand proof of concept

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Founded by former Apple executives Bethany Bongiorno and Imran Chaudhri and backed by OpenAI CEO Sam Altman, the Ai Pin is designed to bring us a smartphone-less world through the use of AI and wearable computing.

Starting at a cool $699, the Ai Pin ships out in April. Before then though, Bongiorno, who also serves as Humane's CEO, let me watch as she demoed her personal Ai Pin at SXSW to remove any skepticism about the pin and Humane's goals. For the price tag of the Ai Pin, I expected to have my mind blown, and while truthfully, the demo given by Bongiorno didn't do that, I was impressed with how well it worked.

The gist of the Ai Pin is that it's an AI assistant that attaches to your clothes where a boutonnière would go. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, you can ask it questions, play music, call/text people, or even take photos or videos. The more you use it and tell it about yourself, the more it'll learn about you and perform tasks suited to your specific needs, its makers say.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
First thing battery life is short about 4 to 5 hrs on a charge

Second thing no bluetooth. How to listen/talk in noisy places without connecting to earbuds/headphones?

EDIT - I was wrong. The above are not shortcomings. See my latest reply below

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.