App Review Free AV Test (Panda Cloud, Avast Free, Avira Free)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Free AV Test
This is a 3-part video. All products were tested with the same links.

Video 1:
Panda Cloud Antivirus Free
Version: 1.4.0
www.cloudantivirus.com

Video 2:
Avira Antivir Personal
Version: 10.0.0.611
www.free-av.com

Video 3:
Avast! Antivirus Free
Version: 5.1.889
www.avast.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Panda Cloud....it's a cloud av, so in theory it should have a greater level of detection...but as we see the reality is more complex
+2 Rep

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Panda Cloud has always had a low detection rate in the tests that I've seen, though the non cloud Panda always does well.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Yes, when I uploaded the samples to Virus Total, the version of Panda software they are using (Panda Platinum) detected more samples than Panda Cloud did in the test.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
Yes, when I uploaded the samples to Virus Total, the version of Panda software they are using (Panda Platinum) detected more samples than Panda Cloud did in the test.
It's pretty pathetic, that they give their cloud version a hidden disadvantage to their other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.