Free on demand scanner for Windows servers

network86

Thread author
Oct 12, 2011
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some free on demand scanners for windows servers. The OS in particular is 2003 SBS. I know of Microsoft Safety Scanner and Mcafee Stinger. Stinger found nothing and Microsoft found something but cant remove it. It would be great if the likes of Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes worked on servers but i have been told they dont. Any ideas?

Thanks

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
network86 said:
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some free on demand scanners for windows servers. The OS in particular is 2003 SBS. I know of Microsoft Safety Scanner and Mcafee Stinger. Stinger found nothing and Microsoft found something but cant remove it. It would be great if the likes of Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes worked on servers but i have been told they dont. Any ideas?

Thanks

I run both of them on my server 2008, and before that on 2003 without problems. You can also test:Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0

/W

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.