Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
New interface
The 2012 product generation is accompanied by a new, well-arranged and intuitive user interface. All relevant information on the current security status, virus signatures, backup status and system load is available at a glance. Configuration is leveraged through centralised availability of all module settings.

New Features in G Data 2012
  • Idle scan: automatic virus check when user is inactive and the system is idle
  • New on-execution monitor mode
  • Cloud-Security & File-Cloud-Check
  • Larger fingerprinting database with less memory use
  • Proactive protection from online banking trojans
  • Improved Outlook add-in
  • All vital information available at a glance in the redesigned G Data SecurityCentre
  • Image-backup for full system backups and recovery (available in G Data NotebookSecurity 2012 and G Data TotalCare 2012)

You can find more details here.
You can download from here a trail for any G Data 2012 product.
Price for G-data Internet Security 2012 - $34,95 - link

The installer for G-Data 2012 IS is massive : 331 mb ,got to be one of the largest that I have ever seen. :p
Seems like they improved on the system impact so I just might give it try.
So did you try this new release?What is you experience with G-data?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Screenshots :

G Data Internet Security 2012

[attachment=564]

[attachment=565]

[attachment=566]

[attachment=567]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 662
  • 2.png
    2.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 626
  • 3.png
    3.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 660
  • 4.png
    4.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 617

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
G-data Internet Security 2012 resource usage

Process Hacker screenshot :

[attachment=569]

G-Data is using quite a few process in order to run ,and if you take a look at the task manager you might think that this suite will kill your PC (the G-data Antivirus process is using around 229 MB). But I have been using it for a few hours and I must say I'm very impressed.
The 2012 version it's a definite improvement over the 2011, the only thing that I've notice is that it takes some time to load after Windows starts but other than that their is no problem on the resource usage side.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 657

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Heavy RAM usage, but what about the load on CPU on boot, drive scanning and removal of threats? (If you have time) :)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
Heavy RAM usage, but what about the load on CPU on boot, drive scanning and removal of threats? (If you have time) :)
Will monitor/test and report back :) .

Interestingly enough I see that G-Data is rating Engine A better than Engine B, in performance and detection.
:lolz:

[attachment=570]
Note :
Engine A = Avast
Engine B = BitDefender

As a credit for G-data IS , this suite manage to block some malicious content from a trusted site, weren't really looking to test it but good to see that it's working :p

[attachment=571]
This is the source of the javascript that was loading from that page.
Code:
hxxp://208.94.233.132/WebGate/JavaScripts/LinkInformer.js

Languy99 did a test for G-data IS 2012 Final, this will have to do until MrXidus or I will make a test for this product:D:
Uploaded by languy99 on Jul 4, 2011

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 524
  • 1.png
    1.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
New Features in G Data 2012
Idle scan: automatic virus check when user is inactive and the system is idle
Really nice feature , scanning is the last operation that a regular user will do....Everyone hates the slow dows during scans......not the first time I've seen this, but I do like their Screen Saver... Looks neat. :D

[attachment=572]

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    831.2 KB · Views: 663

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast has a screensaver for scanning. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From process only one of process consume 200+MB and the total all over estimated to 300+, if higher RAM then it will not reflect this slowdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.