G DATA Generation 2019

• Thread starter Deleted Member 3a5v73x
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eddie Morra

Thread author
They might have improved the existing features though. In all fairness though, as with ESET, I think that G-Data already have sufficient protection to tackle the prevalent threats out there.

To be fair to the Anti-Virus vendors out there... there isn't really that much that can be added nowadays until the prevalent threats switch again. If they randomly start adding things for the sake of it, then the protection won't stay balanced, and the product will become bloated and overly-complicated for silly reasons.

Thread author
And hopefully tackling bugs that have existed for numerous years. Probably not. @Lockdown has mentioned a bug with the firewall, i know that much.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

They page mentions integration with AMSI (cringe) , malicious URL checking by sending to and comparing with the G DATA cloud (privacy nuts will cry and complain) and bitcoin wallet protection.

I bet the same bugs remain and new ones are added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.