Status
Not open for further replies.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi there, not sure if this is the place for this post. However I need a few G Data users to help track down a curiosity of mine.
The straight question is do any of you with G Data Internet Security 2014 or other G Data products have any connections to any servers with name zebra431(dot)server4you(dot)de or kilo166(dot)server4you(dot)de or any connections to
server4you(dot)de when you use your web browser or even without your browser open.
I Use Tcpview from Sysinternals to check traffic. I even reset the G Data firewall whilst watching Tcp view
and without having a web browser open and as it reset I got connection from AVKProxy.exe port 49192 85.25.10.7 which translated to kilo166(dot)server4you(dot)de

A week or 2 back I asked G Data through there support page if they used any thing at server4you(dot)de
domain and they said no, but I,m not convinced so I,m just putting the question out there for other G Data users.

Thanks for any pointers
NZRADAR

conectsgd.jpg

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
AVKProxy.exe is G Data AntiVirus Proxy Service/AntiVirusKit Proxy Service belonging to the AVKProxy Module of G DATA Security Software

server4you(dot)de is a dedicated server hosting that Gdata apparently uses for its AntiVirus Proxy Service/AntiVirusKit Proxy Service

Reactions: NZRADAR

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for your feedback , appreciate your time , I personally don't feel its a threat at this stage and think it like you guys have said is probably tied up with cloud functions of G Data (I wish clouds were a bit more transparent sometimes o_O) I think I must have watched to many submarine thrillers hide and seek type stuff and go on a ip network search binge. I get this homing torpedo type attitude, still doesn't hurt especially when I share my network with others to no whats$ going on.
While I'm here thanks vitkik for your most recent G Data video my pc nearly went into self hibernation to protect itself just watching it. and I'll send you the bill for some new pc fans ok ;) That's a serious triathlon of onslaughts you have done over the last few days, definitely make you think before parting with your hard earned cash (or Bitcoin) on an Internet Security Solution. I'm glad from my point of view you did the videos in such a small time slice (with I think the same sample set?). sort of captures a point in time across the board so to speak.
Apart from using G Data if I had done the tests I would have had half a ton of UAC prompts to click on in Windows 7. Emsisoft Emergency kit, Malwarebytes and Hitmanpro would all have heartburn after having to clean up all those leftovers.

Thankyou exterminator20 and viktik, I goto get some sleep , I've been a drongo and stayed up till the suns shinning :rolleyes::eek:

Have a good day
NZRADAR

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.