App Review G data vs Jemd Ransom

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
It would be interesting to see the solutions which detected this ransomware variant as both Norton and gdata failed.

Reactions: harlan4096

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I trust Kaspersky to take care of atleast 99.8-99.9% of new threats and 100% of old threats. Same with Emsisoft, Eset, Voodooshield etc.
let's wait for the results of other vendors. Many vendors fails to detect according to VT but it might be wrong
eset and emisoft seem a bit off lately

I haven't seen kaspersky protected system encrypted by ransomware for a while but I did see with other AVs

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.