Advice Request Gdata SysSec

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
According to Gdata signature update log, it updates:
Engine A
AVA_25.20863_(27.02.2019) <--- Ava=avast? Or is this a "typo" on their side, because i think they use BD
Engine B
GD aka in-house engine
But what is SysSec, which gets updated quite regularly?
-sepik

Reactions: JB007 and oldschool

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hi,
According to Gdata signature update log, it updates:
Engine A
AVA_25.20863_(27.02.2019) <--- Ava=avast? Or is this a "typo" on their side, because i think they use BD
Engine B
GD aka in-house engine
But what is SysSec, which gets updated quite regularly?
-sepik
It is related to critical system patches (not Windows updates) but provided by Microsoft itself.

AVA_ related to signature version of Bit defender (.20863,64,66...) changes as per every hour updates

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you MS, appreciated.
I've been checking MT hub and VTl. In VT recently Gdata inhouse "catch" some malwares named "HEUR" that BD cant do? Gdata "HEUR" <-- Deepray?

-sepik

Last edited:
Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.