Battle Gentoo or Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

new user

Thread author
Jun 18, 2011
I'm on Gentoo for now, and getting a little annoyed at the compile times. I've refrained from using Arch due to lack of signed packages bieng a gaping security hole, but I would like to here from anyone who has used Arch. How big is the repo? Any hardware issues? The reason I am now willing to give arch a shot is because of paccheck, to help resolve the issue of unsigned packages.

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
Since I know your a hardcore Linux user, I would say use what you want to use. I'm not a big fan of Gentoo due to the fact that you have to compile. So I would say go with Arch, I'm not sure about hardware compatibility but it should be pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.