Jan 8, 2011
PS4 Remote Play for Windows and Mac

tfhNPvi.png

Download: PS4 Remote Play Windows® PC / Mac
Additional (if prompted): Media Feature Pack | PS4 Remote Play

What you will need:

• Computer
    • Windows PC: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
      • A computer with either of the following operating systems.
        • Windows® 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
        • Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
      • Intel Core i5-560M Processor 2.67 GHz or faster
      • 100 MB or more of available storage
      • 2 GB or more of RAM
      • 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
      • Sound card
      • USB port

Mac: OS X Yosemite or El Capitan
      • A computer with either of the following operating systems.
        • OS X Yosemite
        • OS X El Capitan
      • Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster
      • 40 MB or more of available storage
      • 2 GB or more of RAM
      • USB port
  • PS4 system
    • System software version 3.50 or later
  • DUALSHOCK™4 wireless controller
  • USB cable
  • Sony Entertainment Network account
  • High-speed Internet connection
    For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 12 Mbps.

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you are prompted with Media Pack window:

upload_2016-4-6_12-34-9.png

You can enable Media Features from (Turn Windows Features on or off) - No restart.

upload_2016-4-6_12-33-45.png

Guide: How to use PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac by sonyplaystation

Last edited:
Reactions: 9021020

cactusguy

Apr 6, 2016
I've got Windows 8.1 and the installer tells me that I need the Media Feature Pack. However, when I attempt to download the Media Feature Pack, the installer for that tells me the update is not applicable on my computer. In Windows Features "Media Features -> Windows Media Player" are both checked but the PS4 installer keeps telling me I need the Media Feature Pack.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PS Blog EU: Introducing the Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor
PS Blog US: PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless USB Adaptor

The Adaptor – available from 15th September, allows you to connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to your Windows PC or Mac via Bluetooth.
  • Simply insert the Adaptor into a USB port on your computer and then follow a quick pairing process to connect your controller.
You can then enjoy wireless play with compatible applications – such as PlayStation 4 (PS4) Remote Play, with access to all the same great DUALSHOCK 4 features and functionality*: buttons, analogue sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack.

You can then start streaming your PS4 games to a PC or Mac – so you can keep on playing, even when you’re away from the TV.

PlayStation Now coming to PC

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.

The DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and Adaptor are also compatible with the PlayStation Now subscription service on Windows PC, available on 24th August in the UK, Belgium and Netherlands.
  • Players can download the PlayStation Now app to gain instant access to an ever-expanding library of over 300 classic PlayStation 3 titles, streamed straight to your computer.
Enhance PS4 Remote Play on PC with DS4 Wireless USB Adaptor
DUALSHOCK 4 USB Wireless Adaptor

Download PS4 Remote Play for Windows/Mac for FREE: PS4 Remote Play Windows® PC / Mac

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Sony's PlayStation line of home consoles have been wildly popular over the years. The fourth version, the PS4, is obviously the best from a hardware perspective, but overall the quality of games per console is matter of opinion. Obviously the PS4 will offer the best graphics, but from a gameplay and enjoyment perspective, hardware is not the final word.

Today, the console maker takes a strange turn by focusing on the PC. You see, it is bringing its existing 'PlayStation Now' cloud gaming service to Microsoft Windows. This will give PC gamers the opportunity to play some PlayStation titles on their gaming rigs. In addition, Sony is delivering a USB dongle for Windows and Mac which will enable the DualShock 4 to be used on computers running those operating systems.

Speaking of PlayStation Now for Windows, Eric Lempel, SVP at Sony explains,"this will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service".

Sony shares the following requirements for PlayStation Now on Windows.

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port
"We're also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99. This adapter will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack -- as long as the gaming application supports these features", says Lempel.

DOngleps4.jpg

Can you try Playstation Now on your Windows machine today? No, sadly. Sony says it will bring the functionality to Europe first, with North Americans getting the ability 'shortly thereafter'. In other words, availability is sort of unknown. Hopefully it will hit in 2016. The USB dongle (which is shockingly large) will launch worldwide in September, however, for the reasonable price of $25.

W

Wave

I don't really like this idea because the thing I always liked about PlayStation was how really well-made games like The Last of Us and the Uncharted series weren't able to be played from a PC in any form like this, but now that will all change. I always used it as an excuse as to why I prefer PlayStation... (since I never cared for PC/Xbox exclusives).

At the end of the day it will help Sony get some more money which can be used to help them improve further, especially with the new PlayStation 4 Slim Model and Neo (PS4k) around the corner!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.