Expired Giveaway of the day — SecureAPlus Premium 4.5.2

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Did secureaplus completed scan on your system? Mine still shows this "Server is processing your request. Please wait...".
Scan was started 1.5 hrs before on Windows 10 CU with very few applications installed.
I got your same situation and after about two hours the process is finished well.

Reactions: frogboy and given

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Did secureaplus completed scan on your system? Mine still shows this "Server is processing your request. Please wait...".
Scan was started 1.5 hrs before on Windows 10 CU with very few applications installed.
I got your same situation and after about two hours the process is finished well.
Same situation and it's been processing the request for about 6 hours now. o_O

Maybe im a little paranoid but i never like that the privacy policy says that they can get info about all the files in the pc (not the infected ones, all...)
I skimmed through the privacy policy and I don't see that in there. Unless you're talking about executable files, in which case I don't know why you'd be even remotely concerned about them knowing which programs you have installed.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
I skimmed through the privacy policy and I don't see that in there. Unless you're talking about executable files, in which case I don't know why you'd be concerned about them knowing which programs you have installed.

Relevant System Information - In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information. This information is collected to help us to provide services and support, to identify and remove computer viruses, and to help us solve your technology problem(s). For purposes of this section, we will use any such information only when providing the security services as part of SecureAPlus solution.

It says including not only or just or anything...

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Relevant System Information - In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information. This information is collected to help us to provide services and support, to identify and remove computer viruses, and to help us solve your technology problem(s). For purposes of this section, we will use any such information only when providing the security services as part of SecureAPlus solution.

I think many AV vendors do not send only the ID codes, but send entire files to be parsed by the server. For common files of programs might not be an issue, but many companies however have not stated on what basis they send the data to their server. All of this forces you to blindly trust them without knowing what files or documents are sent to their server.

Reactions: frogboy

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017

Ah. Well a couple of AVs do this. Ones that have confirmed they do so are Avast, Fortinet, Kaspersky, Symantec and Vipre.
AVG, ESET, McAfee, Microsoft, Sophos, Trend Micro and Webroot refused to disclose if they did or not but seeing as there's no reason not to disclose this it's probably best to assume they do.
Here's the reference if you want to take a look at what AVs transmit: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/avc_datasending_2014_en.pdf

It depends on the amount of files, I'm fairly lucky, about 70% of my HDD space is empty ;)
Can't even tell you the amount of files. This is all I've had for those 6+ hours:
qDdePWk.png

Doesn't really matter though. I threw some unsigned files at it that weren't on the whitelist in lockdown mode and they were blocked so it doesn't affect SAP's protection.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you want to speed up the initial scan, exclude folders where you keep the installation files of your favorite programs

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Full system scan completed. So i thought why not run it again. Did it and it completed in a few seconds. Also just got 3 FPs. Couldn't upload the screenshot, shows an error. These were supposedly detected by MS security Essential. I use defender & it didn't detected those files. I uploaded on VT, nothing.

SHA256:253790403d7eb55a0ce625fe1d349d42046a284f82f2302abbe469e55d2804db
File name: amdocl_as64.exe
SHA256:7c18589d86a46be0c4ff9441219772b5e70070d3ee68c700e9455773e85c243c
File name: amdocl_ld32.exe
SHA256:a92e5b81930e21c72da866c8978f0b56e155978976b793e80da9ef4b7130e64f
File name: amdocl_ld64.exe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.