Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Updated Guidelines for Giveaways, Contests, Sweepstakes, Promos, Deals & Discounts

Last updated June 2013

• Openness: All desktop, mobile and tablet OS platforms are allowed for Security, Performance and Privacy software(s).
  • Fairness: Post directly to the Entry page and check there are plenty winners available. Note: Affiliated URLs are forbidden and will be removed.
  • Scams or Malware: Use URLVoid to check the site is Clean and Safe. Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) are acceptable.
  • Patience: All threads submitted will require approval, so do not post multiple times or elsewhere in the Forum.
  • If you need more help? Send a Private Message to Giveaways Team for advice.

Reactions: Malware1
D

Deleted member 178

RE: Giveaways, contests and sweepstakes - Update

+10 to the first one, it becomes annoying to see dozen of unknown video players/converters giveaways.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Why not have a middle man for the second one. Meaning that both send the keys and what not to a mod/admin and they can check if they work or not. :)

Anyway thanks for the update.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012

Because in order to verfy them that means either activating the license which could leave them useless, or send them to the company to verfy which could only delay the process or leave to modertor/administrator with a message about Terms Of Service stating that you can not trade your serial key.

McLovin said:
Why not have a middle man for the second one. Meaning that both send the keys and what not to a mod/admin and they can check if they work or not. :)

Anyway thanks for the update.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin, they cant and dont have time to check. i can give you dozen of working stolen serials valid until the next major update of the sofware...

Sincs many menbers here are one time comers., you cant complain to them uf the license is fake.

also you dont need the forum to exchange licenses ^^

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

I see. Only a suggestion. :-/

D

Deleted member 178

we have a license exchange system it is called "email me" :lolz:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
+10 to the first one, it becomes annoying to see dozen of unknown video players/converters giveaways.

Yes,this kind of software is the main reason of this rules! If I see another DVD Ripper/Writer giveaway I'll shot myself!:p

D

Deleted member 178

i prefer to create a botnet just to nuke those sites ^^

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Jack said:
Umbra Corp. said:

Yes,this kind of software is the main reason of this rules! If I see another DVD Ripper/Writer giveaway I'll shot myself!:p

I feel the same way as Jack ;), there are many freeware alternatives for just about any type of media tool that any user could ever need. The unknown paid giveaways for these kind of products is very shady especially when they want your email address or other personal info to qualify. There is no telling what these unknown vendors will do with your info.

Thanks.:D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

Couldn't agree more. This is MalwareTips, not DVDburningTips.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
McLovin, they cant and dont have time to check. i can give you dozen of working stolen serials valid until the next major update of the sofware...

Sincs many menbers here are one time comers., you cant complain to them uf the license is fake.

also you dont need the forum to exchange licenses ^^

McLovin said:
I see. Only a suggestion. :-/

I see this as a valid suggestion,maybe not that a mod/admin has to view them.I am talking about activation codes received from legit promos.These are not the actual keys posted on some site for everyone to use.I have legit 1year,6 & 3 month activation codes to Eset Nod32,3 month trial keys from Eset,1 year codes to Kaspersky and 6 & 3 month codes to Avira.These are all obtained from the software manufacturer or from legitimate software manufacturer promos..All of these activate the retail versions of their product legitamately and are not paid or licenses obtained from a warez site ect..Some might not be privy to these or have the knowledge to find them and would like to obtain one of these for themselves.My question would be that is there a way besides email that members could request a trial key and be given one without compensation,a member helping another member.I do understand that a promo can just be posted with the link but what happens is people abuse the promo and post the keys all over the web and then the keys are blacklisted and the promo ends.Just google Eset Nod32 Keys and you will see that.Some promotions are better left not posted.I do however understand the rules of this forum and why the administration doesnt want the exchanging of license keys and serials.The rules are the rules but I can see the validity of McLovin's suggestion and the wisdom behind Umbra's post.As for the rest of the rules they are no brainers.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Trading keys were already discussed and we came to the conclusion that it should not be allowed.

If you plan to Giveaway your license, you can post of your own thread. However, we are not responsible for a dead license key.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Off-Topic post removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.