Expired Glary Utilities Pro 2.41 (24h)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
HfCKP.jpg

Glary Utilities Pro is a powerful and top all-in-one utility to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC.
It optimizes the performance of your computer, solves problems, protect your privacy and helps you to customize your system to suit your needs.

Features

Automatic care in background;
Optimize, clean and boost the speed of your Windows;
Protect your privacy and security;
Block spyware, trojans, adware, etc.;
Fix certain application errors;
Simple, fast and User friendly interface;
Much much more powerful utilities!

http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/glary-utilities-pro/

Giveaway is only for 24 hours so hurry up!

Link to giveaway:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/glary-utilities-pro241/

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I think that the competition invent that. They also talked that Advanced System Care have malware and steal data from PC and in the end it turned out to be a lie.
I would't believe in everything I hear. ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I've tried on my machine. it safe, not make something weird at all.
does the job well.

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Seems legit to me, quick google search and didn't find anyone reporting malware from this software
It's a legit GOTD giveaway and I've got my license key!

Here is a review for this software

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I hear that Glary Utilities contains malware, is this true?

1 minute of research would have told you that that is not true. Thanks.

becky2012

Jan 10, 2012
[quote: RE: Glary Utilities Pro 2.41 (24h)
I think that the competition invent that. They also talked that Advanced System Care have malware and steal data from PC and in the end it turned out to be a lie.
I would't believe in everything I hear. end quote]

Linuxfever, where is your "review" or link to it please?

That is so true! I remember hearing both of those rumors (Glary Utilities Pro and Advanced SystemCare Pro) and a laundry list of other utility, optimizer, registry, tune-up and tweak programs over the years. After hubby bought them, naturally. I don't mean the warnings against using certain kinds of programs like every one I just listed, for example, but flat out trashing the program with lies, like the malicious one cited here.

Sometimes I've wondered how, how and where they start or by whom. By users who innocently http://malwaretips.com/images/smilies/angel.gifbought them electronically and got re-directed to who knows where (Just about every site on the `Net is doing that now and almost all of the re-directs are to CNET. Hmm. ) or from a disreputable site, or one of those "mirror" sites that send you to gawd only knows where, or to a site -unbeknownst to us - that's in the business of Stuffing Their Installers With Crapware? That easily could cause one or many victims to firmly believe it was the program they electronically purchased that put malware on their machines.

Or could it be, dare I say it, competing rivals getting down and dirty and spreading lies against a very tough competitor?

FYI:
Ever since their big makeover last year my ESET/Nod32 has been going nuts with 99% of CNET's downloads for some rather odd reason. Gives me a great big red prompt, stops the download and Quarantines it. I expect it now when I get re-directed there. I can't download anything anymore and I have to say, it is Seriously Strange and very frustrating. If I badly want the item, I try the next big name on the list of the "Top Ten Safest Download Sites" and quite frequently the same thing will happen again and I take a huge deep breath and plod on. Too often I do not I luck out. That, to me, reeks and others who have Nod32 antivirus -set even just to "default" - must be getting identical prompts and quarantines. For this reason alone, I cannot begin to fathom How or Why CNET hasn't been alerted, notified or otherwise informed that a Big chunk of users have been forced away from their website for many, many months now by Nod32 and very similar antivirus programs with very similar detection rates. Crazy weird, isn't it?
http://malwaretips.com/images/smilies/confused.gif Be really delighted to see all that aggravating rot cease forever.

P.S.
Re the Smilies. I keep clicking away on the GET MORE button and nothing ever happens - for 2 weeks now. Is it "Out Of Order" or is one of my security Settings, Features or Programs preventing me access to GET MORE? I ask because 15 is nice, but not great and naturally I would love to have more Smilies.

Guess there's a trick to using the buggers too, LOL. I was just "dragging and dropping" them as I didn't know what else to do. No instructions (nor labels to interpret them for you) there. I tried clicking and "copy + paste". All that worked was "dragging and dropping" them. But when I previewed this, no Smilies. Only text.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
muhammadariif said:
Is this safe to use?

They have been around for a while and I don't remember Glary being involved in any controversies. They used to have a bit more visibility by regularly participating in giveaways, for whatever reason they haven't been so active lately and are obviously out of the public eye.

The software isn't bad at all - while not as aggressive in their settings, as some other competitors, it does an OK job and wouldn't mess your system. I have a lifetime license I got from a giveaway a while ago, but haven't used it for quite some time, this being purely down to personal preferences.

Depending on the optimization software you already use, you may not be missing much, if anything at all.

Check the Free vs Pro Features, you shouldn't feel "pressured" to get it right now if you don't need the extra Pro features. And you'll have the opportunity to decide on your own terms if you want to try it and feel comfortable to use it.

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
I am very careful when choosing a system tweaks or registry cleaner , my computer has been damaged by one utility system chosen and do not want the same thing happened :(

Lukajlo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
muhammadariif feel free to use this one. Glary Utilities Pro has been tested several times so you can use it free if its still available as giveaway.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm .. in my notes on December, 2007:
'Glary Utilities v2.3.4: not interesting; maybe cause of beginning of problems with Windows Firewall and msinfo32.exe.'

I uninstalled Glary Utilities in January, 2008.

After that, at the end of 2008, I reinstalled my Windows.:D:sleepy:

You do what you want. Do not look for trouble in every corner of the street would be wiser. Enough is enough.

Now I stay with KCleaner and PureRa. No problems here.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.