Advice Request Glasswire shows 150GB of data uploaded via QubeWire, malware app?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

CG33

Thread author
Jun 7, 2024
I had to use an app called QubeWire to upload my films to a film festival.

Films are under 25 GB. However since it was taking too long, I checked Glasswire for uploaded data and it turns out over 150GB of data has gone out of my system. All through Qubewire.

It uses UDP, (whatever that means) but how come so much more data had to leave my system!!!!

Please shed some light on it.

Thanks

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
QubeWire might be re-uploading your files due to some error or it might be compressing and then uploading the files, resulting in more data being used. UDP (User Datagram Protocol) is a type of internet protocol that's faster but less reliable, so it might also be sending duplicate data. It's not necessarily malware, but you should reach out to QubeWire's support for clarification.

• Love
Reactions: Behold Eck

CG33

Thread author
Jun 7, 2024
I was hoping to hear from a human. Anyone?

I've contacted QubeWire but also want other opinions please.

• +Reputation
Reactions: kylprq

CG33

Thread author
Jun 7, 2024
The app is one of those that has small initial exe which then download and installs directly from net so I'm not sure Virustotal would help.

I need someone who knows a bit about how networking works etc. please.

EstrellaRhodes

Jun 3, 2024
UDP can be pretty fast, but oddly so much extra data was uploaded. This might be due to how QubeWire handles data, such as retransmissions if packets are lost or corrupted. Maybe the app is trying to ensure the highest quality upload by sending redundant data. It could also be some kind of bug. I'd reach out to their support to get more details.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.