Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
General Motors (GM) is looking to use ChatGPT in its cars to replace manuals and help users with other things, according to a report from Reuters. Unlike ChatGPT which you interact with via a keyboard, Semafor says GM is looking to make the in-car AI voice activated. GM will develop the AI as part of its collaboration with Microsoft and will use the latter’s Azure cloud service.

Discussing the effort, a GM spokesperson said:

“This shift is not just about one single capability like the evolution of voice commands, but instead means that customers can expect their future vehicles to be far more capable and fresh overall when it comes to emerging technologies.”

For the people out there who don’t know too much about GM, the brands that come under its umbrella include Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC. Cars that release with this feature in the future could explain to you how to change a tire if yours is punctured or you could ask the AI what the light flashing on your dashboard means and whether you need to pull over or if it's safe to continue driving. Apparently, it may even be able to book car-related appointments at a repair shop.

One big detail that GM has so far refused to share is what it will name its artificial intelligence system. We’ll probably hear about this in leaks or when the company is finally ready to show off the feature at an event.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I had an extended conversation with a Virgin Media ISP chat bot a few weeks ago, it was not a pleasant experience & after some pleading I was able to talk to a human & sorted the problem out, I don't think I'm setup for this world :):)

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Cars that release with this feature in the future could explain to you how to change a tire if yours is punctured or you could ask the AI what the light flashing on your dashboard means and whether you need to pull over or if it's safe to continue driving. Apparently, it may even be able to book car-related appointments at a repair shop.
GM owners will be SOL if they have a dead battery! :ROFLMAO:

• HaHa
Reactions: show-Zi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
3Den.gif

"You're a bad driver, so I'll steer. You can get off."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.