Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Today, Google is announcing the general availability of the Google Assistant SDK. What that means is that anybody can download and run the Google Assistant on a gadget of their choice — Google says it will run well on Raspberry Pi 3 devices and also on Linux.

Google is positioning the current state of this SDK as appropriate for people who want to “start building [their] own hardware prototypes” rather than as the kick-off for commercial availability. That will come later, Google says: “Over time, we’ll also be adding commercialization capabilities, guidelines, and technologies.”

Read more at Anybody can make a Google Assistant gadget with this new toolkit | The Verge

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
A few years ago I've assembled a small robot-arm and it poured water into a glass and handed the glass to you, using a Raspberry controller :D

I wrote the automation code in Python, but also if the Raspberry Pi was created to be used with Python, this does not exclude to program it and interact with its I/O system, also with other programming languages.
Python is a mature and powerful language (perhaps the only issue is that it natively is not compilable, but only using external modules, and procedures).

So it is really interesting this news from Google ;)

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.