Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Black boxes on Chrome
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reseted to default settings
I have several days with this problem, When I scroll up or down, black boxes appear in Chrome.
I have tried with Firefox and Yandex Browser and this does not happen.

Anyone else has this problem?

Extentions Installed:

• Privacy Protector Plus
  • Nano Defender
  • Nano Adblocker
  • ViolentMonkey
  • I don't care about cookies
  • MinerBlock
  • IDM

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 505
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 521
D

Deleted member 65228

1. Does it only happen on these two websites?
2. Does it happen when all the extensions are disabled?
3. If it does not happen when all of the extensions are disabled, which extension is responsible? You can find out by re-enabling them one-by-one until you can replicate the issue should it disappear when they are all disabled.
4. Have you tried re-setting all browser data and trying again?
5. What build version of Google Chrome are you currently running?

Last but not least, and whether you believe you'd be asked this here or not... Have you tried re-installing Google Chrome and trying again?

Upvote 0

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
1. Does it only happen on these two websites?
2. Does it happen when all the extensions are disabled?
3. If it does not happen when all of the extensions are disabled, which extension is responsible? You can find out by re-enabling them one-by-one until you can replicate the issue should it disappear when they are all disabled.
4. Have you tried re-setting all browser data and trying again?
5. What build version of Google Chrome are you currently running?
6. What build version of Windows are you running?

Last but not least, and whether you believe you'd be asked this here or not... Have you tried re-installing Google Chrome and trying again?
1.- This happen on all sites
2.- I was already disabled all extensions and error still appear.
3.- I have disabled all and enabled one by one and still the problem continues
4.- Yes, i already made this and too error continues.
5.- Lastest version, i use "About Chrome" for check updates.
6.- Windows 8.1 x86.

btw. with Yandex Browser and Firefox and using same Addons/Extensions haven't this problem.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

When did the problem appear, what were you doing on the system, what if anything new was introduced to the system at that time. We would need to narrow down some details. For now, you could reset Chrome and see.

In Google Chrome, click "customize and control Google Chrome" then in settings, click "advanced" scroll down to the bottom, and click "reset settings", this will restore settings to their original defaults, and see if the problem persists.

Upvote 0

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
1.- This happen on all sites
2.- I was already disabled all extensions and error still appear.
3.- I have disabled all and enabled one by one and still the problem continues
4.- Yes, i already made this and too error continues.
5.- Lastest version, i use "About Chrome" for check updates.
6.- Windows 8.1 x86.

btw. with Yandex Browser and Firefox and using same Addons/Extensions haven't this problem.

I've had the same problem for the last week or so, but it doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally when scrolling pages with a lot of graphical content. It may be a coincidence but like you this is happening on a Windows 8.1 (x64 not x86) computer.

Upvote 0

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Open an incognito tab, does it go away? If it does.. Do a browser reset on it and uninstall all of those garbage extensions.

If it doesn't, uninstall Chrome with Revo, reinstall. Ensuring to leave those junk extensions off.
Already was made this and error still continues, i have formated my PC and installed Windows 8.1 x64 and now error doesn't appear again. maybe this bug is only on x86 for Windows 8.1.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
I've had the same problem for the last week or so, but it doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally when scrolling pages with a lot of graphical content. It may be a coincidence but like you this is happening on a Windows 8.1 (x64 not x86) computer.
i have already formated and installed Windows 8.1 x64 and boxes/squares aren't appering again. with Yandex and Firefox this is not happened.

Upvote 0

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome's settings?

EDIT: Problem is solved.

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I'm getting this too using windows 7 and chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) but i assumed it was to do with the new MT site as i have only noticed it today trying the different themes. I will try all of the suggestions above and see if it disappears but it is seems to be an intermittent problem fro me, it's not happening all the time :unsure:

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.