Google Docs: Phishing Really is That Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
Requesting Sensitive Data Via Google Docs: Phishing Really is That Easy

"Please leave your credit card number, its expiration date and security code, along with your full name and billing address in the comments section of this blog post. You’re obviously not going to do this. You know better, I know better, but there are those who don’t. So many, in fact, that scammers are not only comfortable with and willing to invest in scams no more or less complicated, but they are also confident that the scams will succeed."
"Diaz warns this is only the beginning. While Google Docs are a convenient medium for duping the unsuspecting into disclosing information they shouldn’t disclose, they are also convenient for hosting more malicious content like malware and executables."

http://www.majorgeeks.com/story.php?id=36269

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
well its serious I am sure Google will solve it , but when that will be , is anyone's guess
And I not sure how many people have been affected by this so far ,

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
InternetChicken said:
I not sure how many people have been affected by this so far ,
Yes this is true to find out how many people have been affected by this so far.Thanx:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This has been around for some time, it's easy to make forms on GDocs to harvest all sorts of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.