Google now listens for your voice in Chrome beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
Google has added hands-free Voice Search in a new Chrome beta, steadily bringing Android-like features to its desktop browser.

In the Chrome beta build, all users need to do is open a new tab or visit Google.com, say “Ok Google,” and then start speaking a search query. The software will then deliver the same voice-activated search results that Android users already enjoy. The desktop Chrome beta will be rolled out to English (U.S.) users on Windows, Mac and Linux over the next few days, with support for additional languages and Chrome OS coming soon, Google said in a blog post.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
but if you didn't have hands , you will enjoy it :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
LOL!!>>But probably true!;):p
yes lol. i don't know how how the extension "google voice search hotword beta" included in chrome canary version 5. it takes sometimes 50,000 K memory also don't saw that extension in chrome list. So i back to chrome stable :)

Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If it's like android, I think my dear friend whom originally hails from Ethiopia probably wouldn't have much luck with Chrome beta either. It isn't that he wouldn't want to as he is constantly on his Smart Phone, both speaking and manually entering searches throughout the day while driving his car. The thing is, he doesn't need any voice encryption security while attempting to use his android system simply because no matter how hard he's tried, his accent continuously brings up the funniest most misinterpreted search results which, in turn, cause both of his young teenaged sons to double over in uncontrollable fits of laughter!:D ..and this makes him smile too.:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hmmm reading this i would start classifying Chrome as a Backdoor, Hacktool and Keylogger /Datastealer.
Seems to me a perfect legit classification..

Lets call Eugene of Kaspersky and ask him when the anti chrome definitions are being distributed.
Then make another call to Symantec and ask them to block Google as Phising.
And while we are add it lets call ESET......lmao.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You may want to think twice between using this, enabling your built-in mic, or changing your Chrome privacy content settings.
Code:
chrome://settings/content#media

upload_2014-3-3_12-4-5.png

Discovered 4 months prior to video being posted on Jan 22, 2014. - Anyone know if this has been fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.