Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
The cat's out of the bag and the Google Nexus 10 manufactured by Samsung is now official.

Undoubtedly, the most prominent feature of the slate is its 10.1" display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. This makes for a pixel density of 300ppi, beating (at least on paper) Apple iPad 3's 9.7 inch display with 1536 x 2048 resolution and 264 ppi pixel density.
Under the hood the Nexus 10 packs Samsung's Exynos 5 chipset with a two Cortex-A15 cores running at 1.7GHz, a quad-core Mali T-604 GPU and 2GB of RAM. We already found out that the Exynos 5 is a beast of a chip in benchmarks, so we have no doubt it'll absolutely fly with the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which the slate is running.

www.gsmarena.com/google_officially_unveils_the_samsung_nexus_10_tablet-news-5014.php

I like how Nexus devices are sold for less, especially this one has a nice screen and specs.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What good is a 2560 x 1600 resolution on a 10.1" display?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
What good is a 2560 x 1600 resolution on a 10.1" display?

It is to produce a high pixel density per inch. Higher pixel density per inch means what you view on the screen will be less pixelated. My laptop has a resolution of 1366*768 on a 14" screen so this creates a PPI of about 80 according to what I remember. My tablet has a PPI of 170, small text looks much clearer on my tablet than on my laptop. But still I have to zoom into a webpage to be able to read very small text on my tablet.

Maybe you think this one is an overkill, but look at the HTC J Butterfly. It is a 5 " screen with 1080p, resulting in about 440PPI. Now it is really an overkill.

You may also wish to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_density

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.