Google opens up new Fitbit app for beta testers

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Get ready to experience an all-new, personalized and customizable Fitbit app coming later this fall. The new app is designed to give you a holistic view of your health and wellness with a focus on metrics that matter most to you. Today, we’re inviting select Fitbit users to try out the app in a limited beta and share their feedback before the app becomes available to everyone this fall.

Google will release the new Fitbit app to the public in the fall of this year, but apparently opens up now for beta testers.
The app will come with a new look and icons, as well as keep track of vital data such as: steps, exercise, water intake. This will be possible even without a Fitbit device.

According to Google, privacy will be respected by the possibility of excluding tracking and avoiding the possibility that users' data end up in advertising.
Secure and private data settings: Backed by Google’s industry-leading privacy and security, the app delivers an easy-to-understand privacy experience that features unified controls to manage your Fitbit data and permissions. And your Fitbit health and wellness data won't be used for Google ads and will be kept separate from Google ads data.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Google will release the new Fitbit app to the public in the fall of this year, but apparently opens up now for beta testers.
The app will come with a new look and icons, as well as keep track of vital data such as: steps, exercise, water intake. This will be possible even without a Fitbit device.

According to Google, privacy will be respected by the possibility of excluding tracking and avoiding the possibility that users' data end up in advertising.
Oh cool. I got the Google watch and it came with free fitbit app for 6 months. The last month I placed it on my husky. He had to have a portion of his neck around the collar shaved due to dermititis caused by a tick so it was a perfect opportunity for a Fitbit Google watch. On average each day I got 22k steps, climbed 40 flights of stairs. Did random burts of exercise (zoomies) my average heart rate was 120 and I slept 12 hours a day. Can't wait for the beta test.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.