Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google Photos Backup: https://photos.google.com/apps

Features:

• Desktop uploader
  • Auto upload photos from your Mac or Windows computer, camera, or storage cards.

Settings.
GPBackup_002.png

View About for latest version.

GPBackup_001.png

Login to your Google Account and modify settings for upload devices, folders and quality.

GPBackup_003.png

Access all your photos stored in Google Photos online and in-app (iOS/Android)

Get Installer URL.
Code:
https://dl.google.com/dl/picasa/gpautobackup_setup.exe

upload_2016-1-24_13-42-50.png

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After I installed Google Drive, I kept receiving messages about the conflict between Photos and Drive. Rightly so.

If Google Drive users allow Photos to appear in My Drive (from web settings), then the Photos are duplicated on your PC. Taking up potential storage space. To use both Google Drive and Google Photos Backup, either disallow Photos from appearing in My Drive, or select folders manually from Google Drive settings on PC/Mac.

Both software are useful regardless of the minor conflict, but I understand that some users only use Photos or Drive. Drive can combine Photos into one, therefore making Photos Backup redundant.

Apologies if I rambled. :)

Reactions: Rishi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.