Technology Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro (Updated)

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I guess that will be a big issue for some, for people like myself who mostly use the phone for texts and checking emails it's no biggie.
Starting with Pixel 6 forward they are covered with 5 years of updates and upgrades. This is a main reason i would not be in a big hurry to upgrade. I chose the 6 also because of that and the better main lens which also started with that model, the 50mp. Other than texting and calling photos and videos are about the only other reason i would be using my phone. Everything else i do with my laptop so all the extras as you said, are not required.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
It's even worse for people who spend a premium on a Pixel (or Samsung / iPhone) and don't use half of available features.
You can get a Pixel at a decent price (not including the Pro model) and if you keep it for 4 or 5 years its very affordable. Don't care about a bunch of useless features I could care less about. So as I said, for me its no big deal if the processor isn't cutting edge.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I really Love the Pixel range, I just couldn't give up my iPhone. I Love iOS too much.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Info about these devices have leaked out for a while, but today, Google finally announced its latest in-house Android smartphones; the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.

In a blog post, Google revealed the details on both phones. Both the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro will have Google's latest processor, the Tensor G3, and both will ship with Android 14, the latest version of Google's mobile OS out of the box. Google revealed that both phones would get seven years of OS updates, including all security and feature updates.

The Pixel 8 will have a 6.2-inch display with 8GB of RAM, and 128GB and 256GB of storage. It will also have a 50MP main rear camera, a 12MP ultrawide rear camera, and a 10.5MP front camera. It will also have a 4,575 mAh battery.

The Pixel 8 Pro will include a 6.7-inch display, 12GB of RAM, and storage options up to 1TB. It will also have a 50MP rear main camera, two other 48MP cameras, and a 10.5MP front camera. The battery will be 5,050 mAh in size, and both phones will support wireless charging.

The Pixel 8 prices start at $699, and preorders are available now at Amazon with Hazel, Obsidian, and Rose color choices. The Pixel 8 Pro prices start at $999, and are also available for preorder at Amazon, with Obsidian, Bay, and Porcelain color choices.

Google also announced that the Pixel 8 Pro will be getting a number of on-board generative AI features. They will include an improved version of the Magic Eraser photo editing software out of the box. In upcoming feature updates, the Pixel 8 Pro will gain additional features, including Video Boost, that will help improve the looks of videos made on the phone with generative AI processing.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • The Pixel 8 series is experiencing connectivity and overheating problems, and users of the regular model are reporting rapid battery drain when using mobile data.
  • The Exynos 5300 modem on the Tensor G3 is believed to be the culprit behind the battery drain issue.
  • Google may be able to resolve the connectivity and battery drain issues with a software update.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • A new countdown timer at the Google Store shows a new Google Pixel 8 Mint colorway is coming.
  • According to the timer, the colorway should be available on January 25 at 12:01 AM PT.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This unassembled box (via @chunvn8888 on X/Twitter) confirms the “Pixel 8a” name, which is in no way surprising, while we learn that G6GPR is the model number.
From this higher-resolution shot, we see that the minimally raised camera bar is not connected to the frame and instead part of the rear (plastic) panel.

Meanwhile, the corner curvature is more extreme than the Pixel 8. It will be interesting to see how this feels when held, while this makes the 7a look downright boxy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.