Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google Timeline - GOOGLE.COM/MAPS/TIMELINE

Timeline helps you rediscover the places you've been and the routes you’ve traveled. Your timeline is private, so only you can see it.

Note: Timeline is only available on the latest version of Google Maps for Android and www.google.com/maps/timeline from your computer.

Google Maps Help - MORE INFORMATION

Location History can be disabled from the Google Settings app > Location > Turn Off (Globally or Per device).

From AVG.com - Google Timeline knows everywhere you’ve ever been and can show you

"When security experts warn us about sharing and publishing our location data, it’s easy to think that they are exaggerating the importance, and really what harm can come from “checking-in”?

I got a nasty shock this week when I found out about Google’s new Timeline feature which it launched last week.

Timeline will dot everywhere you’ve accessed Google Maps and plot it on a map. Mine, for example, looks a bit like this."

4XHRxa9.png

** Microsoft's Cortana and Apple iOS (Discretely Hidden in Settings) have similar features for Tracking your Locations **

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.