Greetings from Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokopro

Thread author
Oct 13, 2013
My best greetings to all the members of the MalwareTips community.
I'm from Belgium.
Since 10/10/2013, I am under the grip of what seems to be a "Malware", and I really hope to find the expertise on this forum to get rid of it.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

nokopro

Thread author
Oct 13, 2013
RE: Greetings from Belgium - No access to my word, excel, ppt files anymore

MalwareVirus said:
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips :)
Hello, Jack

(Sorry, I am trying various channels to reach you, as i am new to this forum and can't post a new thread as I can't run OTL and aswMBR on my applebook).

At around 2:30 pm on October 10, 2013, I suddenly realized that I could not open the word, excel and powerpoint files saved on my C: and D: disk anymore. I am the owner of those files and I am the Administrator of my laptop (Fujitsu T901 with Windows 7). I reviewed permissions in the "property/"security" GUI's at directory and file levels, and it looks like there is some kind of "super user" now watching on my files so that I am not the owner of my files anymore. May be I am biased in my evaluation as I am not an expert, but the fact is that I can't reach my word, excel and powerpoint files anymore. Is it a sudden windows 7 failure, is it a malware, it is something else, i actually don't know. On the other hand, when I save a word or ppt or excel file attached to an outlook email, I can open it. Also, when I now make new word, ppt or excel files, I can also open it. Or is it just temporary, the time that the malware detects them ?!. I must say that meanwhile, I cannot reboot my laptop anymore. It looks like my harddisk is having a problem. Is it related ?. I don't know.

I first purchased a version of Malwarebytes pro software. After running it. I deleted all the logged files. yesterday evening, I faced the problem that I could not reboot my laptop anymore. Is my harddisk too old and damaged, or is it part of this malware action ?. I don't know. I therefore installed a new harddisk on my laptop and did rebuild windows 7 from scratch, and did reload my data from an earlier back-up. But the problem appears to persist !. I still can't open the word, excel and powerpoint files. I must say that my back-up disk is always attached to a USB port of the port replicator of the docking station on which I attach my laptop. Did the malware propagate to this external disk as well and did contaminate it as well ?. May be, I don't know, but the problem is still there. So, now, I don't know what to do anymore, and I am on this site with my Applebook to find a solution (I therefore cannot run OTL and aswMBR).

Is this a possible Windows 7 failure related to the management of my access rights to files or is there a known malware "spoofing" my rights to access my files ?. I now rely on your expertise and tips to tell me what to do next.

How can I post the above as a new Thread to the malwaretips.com forum ?.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Nokopro

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.