growlite config's (personally)

growlite

Thread author
Jun 12, 2011
all additional protection same with my brother (win7holic)
like add-on, security check, etc

I've always been careless when clicking a link
so, just tell to win7holic to remove it :p :p
and get BIG "smile" from him
LOL

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since your a beginner, a precautionary measure is needed.

Add EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experienced Toolkit) protection against exploit through vulnerable protection.

Add DNS like Norton DNS, Comodo DNS or ClearCloud DNS (only available till September)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
but ,my brother not use ex DNS ,james.. just use add-on g-data cloud security from me, i installed on both laptop.. my mine and other laptop

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh, I remember it you didn't also use DNS. Gdata Cloudsecurity addon is enough, overall its set.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you share the same user account?

If not, do both have user accounts with admin privileges and have you considered using a Standard user account?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
also ...
growlite said:
Virtualization:
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
More details - link

Start always your browser in a Sandbox mode.
What plugins are you using for you browser?

growlite

Thread author
Jun 12, 2011
Jack said:
also ...
growlite said:
Virtualization:
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
More details - link

Start always your browser in a Sandbox mode.
What plugins are you using for you browser?

i'm use firefox like my brother ,jack :D
plugins as far as i know is use g-data cloud security installed by win7holic ,ADP, WOT
ya, sandbox on my own laptop, but my bro win7 not have it
:p:p

stormgtr said:
Do you share the same user account?

If not, do both have user accounts with admin privileges and have you considered using a Standard user account?

what you mean, storm? here win7holic goes with other friends, so i don't know about all, i'm beginner :(

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
I'd add Sandboxie as Jack already posted, because of the fact you said your are careless about clicking a link. And you are also on a 32-bit OS other than that you are all set.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.