Hacker Group Anonymous Vows To Destroy Facebook On November 5

Linuxfever

Thread author
Jan 11, 2011
Hacktivist group Anonymous, which has been responsible for cyber-attacks on the Pentagon, News Corp, and others, has vowed to destroy Facebook on November 5th (which should ring a bell).

Citing privacy concerns and the difficulty involved in deleting a Facebook account, Anonymous hopes to "kill Facebook," the "medium of communication [we] all so dearly adore."

This isn't the first time Anonymous has spoken out against social networks.
After Google removed Anonymous' Gmail and Google+ accounts, Anonymous pledged to create its own social network, called AnonPlus.

Read more

Finally the guys from Anonymous have gone all mad. :jester:
If this isn't a fake message , then I say that Anon has 0% chances of hacking Facebook not only on 5th Nov but in any other day.And why on 5th Nov?:popcorm1:

Last edited by a moderator:

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Well, luckily I'm not on Facebook, (or any social networking site) but these guys seriously need to get a new hobby...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let's see Anonymous if they can successful it. Cause surely they will fail it, making this message just to be scare us and not using Facebook anymore.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
*fetching the popcorn*
It will be nice to see if they could get some sort of access to their systems, you know... for the lulz :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Because of that, I posted the link and the video on my Facebook profile so my friends can view it. As far I know they don't know yet about this news.

Edit: The twitted message.

Twitter Link

TO PRESS: MEDIAS OF THE WORLD... STOP LYING! #OpFacebook is just ANOTHER FAKE! WE DONT "KILL" THE MESSENGER. THAT'S NOT OUR STYLE #Anonymous

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Linuxfever said:
Finally the guys from Anonymous have gone all mad. :jester:

Apparently not all of them :

Hacker Plot to ‘Kill Facebook’ Is All a Terrible Misunderstanding

The internet is quaking with the news that the hacktivist collective Anonymous plans to "destroy" Facebook on November 5th. We spoke to the Anonymous member who was there at the start of "Operation Facebook," and he told us the whole thing is a misunderstanding that's spiraled crazily out of control.

[.............]

After a stunning burst of media coverage, a number of popular Anonymous twitter accounts and news sources distanced themselves from Operation Facebook, claiming it was a hoax. But the truth is more complicated than that. It turns out there once was an Anonymous "Operation Facebook." It was dedicated not to destroying the site but raising awareness about its privacy practices. The current panic springs from some overeager hacktivists and media stumbling over the remnants of that abandoned operation and spinning it into a dastardly plot to destroy Facebook.

Read more

Tweets :

[attachment=734]

[attachment=733]

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 521
  • 1.png
    1.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 538

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So in a simple words, that operation facebook was hoax means its fake at all. In Youtube video many users are simply comment just to agree on destroying Facebook.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
So in a simple words, that operation facebook was hoax means its fake at all. In Youtube video many users are simply comment just to agree on destroying Facebook.
They will never manage to bring Facebook down..not even for 10 seconds..We aren't talking about a simple site here. Facebook has a serious developing team behind it. :) it's a madness just thinking about it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, and I know that Facebook Team will not made a site just to hack unlike the other sites which are easily hack.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Yes, and I know that Facebook Team will not made a site just to hack unlike the other sites which are easily hack.

Most of the sites hacked by Anonymous are simple site used to communicate with the general public.........Why isn't Anonymous trying to hack Google,Youtube or Facebook ?? A: because they can't do that.... DDoS-ing a site which has only 1 server is easy....

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Understood, so even they hack the one server then the rest are not affected.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.