• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The number of malicious programs targeting smartphones and tablets doubled last year and they are increasingly focusing on stealing money from bank accounts, warn researchers.

Security company Kaspersky Labs announced today that it had discovered almost 100,000 pieces of malicious code attempting to steal data from mobile phones and tablets in 2013, up from 40,059 during 2012. And hackers have become “obsessed” with stealing money from banking apps.

Most of these attacks, over 98 per cent, were targeted at Android devices. At the beginning of the year there were just 64 known banking Trojans aimed at the operating system, but by the end of 2013 Kaspersky had collected 1,321 unique samples.
Source: telegraph.co.uk

Mobile Malware Evolution 2013 by SecureList, Kaspersky:
http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis/204792326/Mobile_Malware_Evolution_2013

In 2014 we expect to see vulnerabilities of all types being actively exploited to give malware root access on devices, making removal even more difficult.

2013 saw the first registered malware attack on a PC launched from a mobile device. We forecast future Wi-Fi attacks from mobile devices on neighboring workstations and the wider infrastructure.

SMS Trojans are likely to remain among the mobile malware leaders and even conquer new territories.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
I am not supid enough to use mobile banking.

Anything related to finance, i don't do it in mobile.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@viktik Good choice, but what mobile OS platform do you use?

Because I know Android is specifically under attack.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.