Advice Request Half-alive connections of Yandex browser

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I am using yandex browser for a while. But today I noticed something distinctive, there would be some tcp connections half open even after quitting d browser. btw I'm using latest version of yandex browser(stable). It never happens to me in previous versions. Yandex keeps opened ipv4 loopback even after quitting d browser & funny enough it doesn't use it for next instance.Everytime I re-opened d browser,it creates new process to listen in ipv4 loopback & doesn't close d previous one. I've tried 3 times & got d same result.
avpui_2018-06-03_02-24-51.pngavpui_2018-06-03_02-25-09.pngavpui_2018-06-03_02-25-37.pngavpui_2018-06-03_02-25-56.png

Is there something buggy? or something else is going on .Btw has anyone else experienced it?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

The loopback is probably looping back for their FQDN DNS validation on traffic for their web filter protection.

Also, since Yandex is based on Chrome, Chrome is known to keep connections open a LONG time. Sometimes for hours. I'd recommend the setting in Chrome to turn that off (Background Connections). Also you can reduce Chrome(and Yandex) background activity with the following command line toggles on Yandex:

--disable-background-networking --disable-component-extensions-with-background-pages --dns-prefetch-disable --no-pings --disable-logging

I don't use Yandex any longer, however all of this still applies.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thanks, man.

Is there any story behind this? Did you find something fishy???

I love Yandex, it's fast as hell and looks great, with every possible feature I love.

The problem is, I was uncomfortable with some of the background connectivity and Yandex's implication in web based keyloggers with their analytical company. Also, I don't use Russian 'anything' anymore for the most part. I think we discussed this in another thread somewhere.

Reactions: yitworths

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.