Has anyone tested the effectiveness of Kerish Doctor PC Protection?

Is it worth it to enable the PC Protection component in Kerish Doctor?

• Total voters

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I never saw it catching any malware either and yes, it updates daily along with it's algorithm database.
I think its a good time for some of our friends here at MalwareTips, to do a test on how well Dr. Kerish performs against some malwares.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I said "yes" because I use K-DR. and have for quite some time.
Your title caught my attention, I have not tested the protection aspect
of K-DR. I think it needs done, it's primary function is being a good tool
and it succeeds at that in spades. Getting a handle of the worthiness in
terms of malware protection would be a good thing, but I won't put too much
into the results seeing it's a tool not designed to be a AV, but I would love to know.
By all means OP, Enable it.
EDIT
I do know that they use an In-house solution, they don't lease from BD or any other.
I asked the team a lil over a year ago, so unless that changed they employ their own
engine.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I disabled the malware detection but enabled other settings:

Attachments

• k.PNG
    k.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 458

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I disabled the malware detection but enabled other settings:
I had one experience where the 'protect important files' was very useful.

One time explorer.exe didn't run for some reason, Kerish detected it and restarted the process. It fixed that issue. And while it might not have efficiency well-known antivirus have in detecting and removing malware, at least I can say that the 'protect important file' feature certainly helped me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.