Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
In the thread on signatures there was a passing mention of the desirability of getting more developers to join Malware Tips and interact with us, as is the case with SecureAPlus, Crystal Security, Zemana, Xvirus, SBGuard Anti-Ransomware, and others I regrettably forget at the moment. I want to say I think it's really great when we can get developers and employees of the software makers to join.

The support for Ruiware (WinPatrol, Win Anti-Ransom) is done by the developer, and I urged him in my contact with him to join Malware Tips and interact with us. I hope he will decide to do that.

I would urge the Malware Tips management to do whatever they can to recruit more developers to the website, and I would urge members to use the occasion of their contacts with programs' support to invite developers to join our forum. It will make our forum experience richer, and it will boost our profile on the Internet. When they do join, let's please be sure to give them the best Malware Tips greeting and continue to treat them with the respect and civility that typifies our forum.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I agree with you to a point as usefulness will really depend on the individual developer. There are some (like Zemana) which are excellent additions to any forum, whereas there are others whose presence may be counterproductive. In the latter case the developer will attempt to suppress product criticism either by unachievable future promises or just by making seemingly plausible excuses which will, although fallacious, too many times will be believed by the general public (a well known logical fallacy termed argumentum ad verecundiam).

The burden then would be on the Mods to monitor such things, and this may be a difficult burden to bear.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
whereas there are others whose presence may be counterproductive. In the latter case the developer will attempt to suppress product criticism either by unachievable future promises or just by making seemingly plausible excuses which will, although fallacious, too many times will be believed by the general public (a well known logical fallacy termed argumentum ad verecundiam).

The burden then would be on the Mods to monitor such things, and this may be a difficult burden to bear.

Good point, but I think the Malware Tips folks, including yourself, are very bright and able to respond to indirection.

Reactions: Jack

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
The beauty of Internet Forums like MalwareTips is... as we become bigger and bigger, companies directly start to approach and interact with the community... as well as maintain a presence. This happened in the case of Zemana, Heimdal Security, Cylance, Sophos... but to name a few.

Now, the problem is, there's multiple communities (Various Android based forums), Bleeping Computer, Wilders Security... so on so forth. To maintain an online presence on each and every large community seems to be an unreasonable and unrealistic PR concept. Hopefully they do try to maintain a presence here eventually. As it is, being members of MalwareTips, we do get access to various discounts and offers/opportunities. Discount on Avast a few months ago, Shadow Defender giveaway... yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.