Haxon's laptop security config (lite)

xSploit

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 7, 2012
Windows Firewall: Turned On
Software Hardening: Emet 5.1 (On/Out/In)
System Cleaner: CCleaner
Virtualization: VMware Player

What do you guys think of my security configuration, I made it as lite as possible.
If I'm missing something, please do let me know. :)

S

Sr. Normal

I recommend the following extensions for your browser : LastPass , ublock , Ghostery and https everywhere . They enhance your online security and privacy.

It would also be advisable one second browser like Chrome have would be interesting one based on Firefox. Cyberfox is my favorite.

Ccleaner also accompany with PrivaZer , you will have your system in top condition.

I really like your config . thanks for sharing :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I recommend the following extensions for your browser : LastPass , ublock , Ghostery and https everywhere . They enhance your online security and privacy.

It would also be advisable one second browser like Chrome have would be interesting one based on Firefox. Cyberfox is my favorite.

Ccleaner also accompany with PrivaZer , you will have your system in top condition.

I really like your config . thanks for sharing :)

Follow these suggestions and it will be a good config. ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: scot and Sr. Normal

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration!

Optional suggestion: More backup, much better; try to use cloud storage and upload any none sensitive information files and make system image to restore any changes without problems.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
EMET, tho it does provide additional security, it depends what you use your system to. If its casual browsing etc with some gaming, EMET becomes a bit irrelevant in a way.

Don't think Ghostery is really needed to be honest. I stopped using it for a long time.

Reactions: Exterminator

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.