Troubleshoot Hello, new member here saying G'day🇦🇺

Infected operating system
Android 8.0
Infected device
Samsung Galaxy S7
Infected device issues
1.Hundreds of messages from online gambling site offering "free" $$& spins.
2. This seems to be draining my battery like nothing else.
3. Also, my prepaid credit & data is disappearing.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I have no idea where to even start...?

barkleyjones

Thread author
Jul 9, 2020
I am being bombarded with messages from topflownews via some on line pokie site that I never used. Somehow I have stumbled across information saying that this is malware which would explain the exorbitant amount of messages & possibly the speed in which my data is disappearing?? Can anyone help this absolute beginner?

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I am being bombarded with messages from topflownews via some on line pokie site that I never used. Somehow I have stumbled across information saying that this is malware which would explain the exorbitant amount of messages & possibly the speed in which my data is disappearing?? Can anyone help this absolute beginner?
Hello there! Try this:

Option 1: In your Settings app
  1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
  3. Under "Recently sent," see apps that recently sent you notifications. You can turn off all notifications for a listed app. To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app's name.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.