Help me choose the right protection!

Krooluticon

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 16, 2017
I don't download a lot of files, so I think windows defender is sufficient for me, it actually scored #3 In june by av-comparatives but what I do want is something to prevent hacker which breach... and get notified what program tries to do things like edit registry and such+++ I looked into Spyshelter seems great get notified by every little action a program tries to take but at windows startup there is severe lag spikes from it other then that I seems solid might consider it currently using default windows firewall I found glasswire pro to be unreliable...

**Note** I already got heimdal PRO

other programs iv'e looked into is voodooshield and cylance. I tried hitmanpro.alert it seemed kinda buggy the encryption keystrokes stops working often!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello there paid: Kaspersky+Malwarebytes or Bitdefender+Malwarebytes or replace Malwarebytes with Zemana.:):)

Reactions: frogboy and ttto

I don't download a lot of files, so I think windows defender is sufficient for me, it actually scored #3 In june by av-comparatives but what I do want is something to prevent hacker which breach... and get notified what program tries to do things like edit registry and such+++ I looked into Spyshelter seems great get notified by every little action a program tries to take but at windows startup there is severe lag spikes from it other then that I seems solid might consider it currently using default windows firewall I found glasswire pro to be unreliable...

**Note** I already got heimdal PRO

other programs iv'e looked into is voodooshield and cylance. I tried hitmanpro.alert it seemed kinda buggy the encryption keystrokes stops working often!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

If your system is behind a NAT router and you have not setup port forwarding, then worrying about a hacker is pointless as your system is not exposed directly to the internet. Any would be hacker can only see the router. Besides, a hacker is not a realistic threat for a home system.

For what you want, you need a program with HIPS. So that is basically COMODO, ESET and Kaspersky. COMODO HIPS generates alerts for Unrecognized files or those Trusted files moved to the Unrecognized Group. Kaspersky HIPS generates alerts for programs in or added to the Low\High Restricted Groups.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.