Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone had any luck with deleting a Norton account?

I first contacted them 3 weeks ago, via their Online Support/Chat, and I was instructed to Email them at this address:
nortonmanagers@support01.norton.com

A week later, again via Online Support/Chat with confirmation that it was taken a higher priority. But...

I still have an unwanted Norton account, because their support is becoming.. a joke. Because my previous Norton account was deleted in less than a week, a couple years ago.

The last email I received from them:

Thank you for your email, we will further investigate your concern. If you still require any assistance please contact our Support Center.

Regards,
Norton Manager
Thanks for choosing Symantec!
Please do not reply to this message. This email address is not monitored so we are unable to respond to any messages sent to this address.

What I gathered is the Online Support/Chat guy suggested me to email an account that's not checked, as seen in the last line above.

There's no option to Delete your Profile/Account from the Accounts page either.

blinking_spirit

Feb 20, 2013
I went through the process of deleting the account. I had to complete a form and was told the process can take up to three months because of the another department that completes the process.

Admittedly I've never had any problems with their support - it may be "old schooled" i.e. with the need to escalate things to different teams, but can honestly say it's better than other experiences.

Was my account eventually deleted...er no...I stopped the process. Since I ended up with a 1000 day licence going from various promos and like NAV (not NIS) as a complement to WSA.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the info about it could take up to 3 months. I wasn't told about that during the Online Support Chat sessions.

Do you have a link to the Form?

blinking_spirit

Feb 20, 2013
Earth said:
Thanks for the info about it could take up to 3 months. I wasn't told about that during the Online Support Chat sessions.

Do you have a link to the Form?

Unfortunately not - I removed all the communique after I started off a new licence.

I have no other advice other than to bite the bullet.

Interestingly though - it's different strokes for different AV companies - Emsisoft were the easiest if memory serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.